mogstored file descriptor leak

Cory Bennett mogile at corybennett.org
Sun Aug 14 19:22:16 PDT 2005

Hello,

I just started working with MogileFS yesterday, so I hope this has not been
covered yet.  I am using the cvs version of MogfileFS and Perlbal.  I got it
all set up, and it was working well, then after a few hours, my mogstored
would stop responding.  If I restarted it, it all worked fine again.  The
second time it happened I started looking around to see what was going on,
and it seems like there is a file descriptor leak when <root>/<dev>/usage is
requested.  I looked around in the code base, but it is a little too deep for
me to see anything yet.

coryb at thor:/tmp$ sudo lsof | grep mogstored | grep /var/mogdata | grep usage |
wc -l
1015

This is on linux.  I am using IO::AIO instead of Linux::AIO because I could
not get Linux::AIO to compile.

Any ideas?  Thanks!
-Cory