new file hanging?

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Tue Aug 23 21:37:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

We are trying out MogileFS as a solution to our storage problem. I've
set up the database, tracker and a couple storage nodes just for
testing. (all which seem to be working).

I'm trying to create a new file in mogilefs but it seems to just hang.
The code to create a new file was taken near verbatim from the
danga.com/mogilefs/usage.bml. However, "printing" to a mogilefs file
handle seems to hang

Here's what I see in the mogilefsd debugging.

[replicate(17356)] Checking replication for dmid=1, classid=0, min=2
[replicate(17356)]   found 0 for dmid=1/classid=0/min=2
Listen child making a Client for 22.
Client is Client=ARRAY(0x9adcb68)
[replicate(17353)] Checking replication for dmid=1, classid=1, min=2

You can see that the request was received. Here's the client code I am
using...

print "saving $file...";
my $fh = $mogfs->new_file($file, "normal") or die("cannot create file
handle.");
$fh->print($contents);
print "printed...";
$fh->close() or die("cannot save $file.");
print "done.\n";

The output I get from the client is merely,

saving data/file1...

and then the client code seems to hang at $fh->print($contents)
indefinitely. Has anybody seen this problem or know what could be
causing it?

Thanks!

Brandon