new file hanging?

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Wed Aug 24 12:14:00 PDT 2005

Interesting tool. I moved mogstored to the same machine as the db and
mogilefsd (and switched off iptables) just to make sure that wasn't the
problem. I created a motd and used the tool as you described.

# mogtool --debug --trackers=127.0.0.1:7001 --domain=test
--class=normal  inject /etc/motd /etc/motd

and this was the response

Spawned child 7516 to deal with chunk number 1.
SOCK: Sock_127.0.0.1:7001, REQ: create_open
domain=test&class=normal&multi_dest=1&key=/etc/motd
$VAR1 = undef;

RESPONSE: OK
devid=1&fid=58&path=http://192.168.1.80:7500/dev1/0/000/000/0000000058.fid
$VAR1 = undef;

RETURN_VARS:
$VAR1 = {
          'fid' => '58',
          'devid' => '1',
          'path' => 'http://192.168.1.80:7500/dev1/0/000/000/0000000058.fid'
        };

At this point it hangs (not sure what the behavior is supposed to be).
It would seem like it worked but the 'file' table in mysql is empty and
the file does not exist on /dev1. Is the $VAR1 supposed to be undef?

I have also telnet'ed into mogstored and successfully used http PUT to
save a file. It would seem that mogstored does work.

Brandon