mogilefsd cannot see mogstored's running

Justin Azoff JAzoff at uamail.albany.edu
Thu Jul 21 09:21:59 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 12:12 -0400, j.ignacio.leon at gmail.com wrote:
> More info on the usage reporting / device table problem:
> -- I am confused about this suggestion made earlier:
> >try finding the line in mogstored that looks like this:
> >      next unless $disk =~ /^$path/;
> >and change it to
> >       next unless $path =~ /^$disk/;
>
> I have tried it in the portion of mogstored that writes the usage
> file. This results in a usage file being written to my "/" directory
> rather than /var/mogdata/devN/.  Is this the expected behavior?
> However my device tables are still empty and mogilefsd monitor reports
> 404 not found on both devs when running the usage check.
>
> Should I worry about patching so it write to /devN perhaps? Or might
> the problem  be elsewhere?
>
> Thanks for all the help guys!

No.. that is there problem is.  I think on the real mogile servers, the
devN directories actually correspond to mountpoints, so that code works.
If your devN directory is just another directory, it doesn't work quite
right.  If you want to fix your immediate problem, making a symlink
from /usage to /var/mogdata/devN/usage will work.. otherwise fix the
code to work in all cases :-)

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Performance Analyst