ANN: python client

Justin Azoff JAzoff at
Fri May 6 08:12:25 PDT 2005

I'm mostly finished porting the perl client to python.  I started with a
pretty literal translation and then redid how some things worked, like
exceptions and default arguments.

It is almost identical to the perl api, I think the only real change I
did was add a file argument to get_file_data so you can do

tmpfp=open("/tmp/file", 'w')
c.get_file_data('file', fp=tmpfp)

c.get_file_data('file', sys.stdout)

that was easy to do since I used pycurl.

All that is left I think is to implement MogileFS::Admin(and lots of
unit tests...), but that looks easy enough.  I also want to port
mogtool.. I am not sure if I should put the big file chunk handling in itself, or leave it as separate code.

I've stashed it at
for the time being.

Some things might not work right, testing the failure handling will be
tricky.. I need to get more nodes running where I can easily turn off
ports or killall mogstored and see what happens.

-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Performance Analyst