Any desire for updated MogileFS docs?

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 12 18:56:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:43:54AM -0700, Arthur Bebak wrote:
>  I'm sure there are others. Some of these I've seen asked on the
>  mailing list, many I have not but I assume people running production
>  servers have the answers.
I've got one for the list that I ran into because of some old & bad
code:
Q: What workload does MogileFS suck at?
A: Files that change in a random fashion very often.

We were wondering why there seemed to be such high IO usage and slamming
of the database going on, and an inspection showed us a near constant
~300k rows (3% of our total) in the file_to_delete table. Due to a
reversed conditional, something that was supposed to be caching a file
elsewhere was rebuilding it every time instead. (This also turned out to
be the source of a file consistency problem we had seen on the previous
NFS setup).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member