Pruning dead devices

Jared Klett jared at blip.tv
Mon May 14 21:04:40 UTC 2007

hello Mogilers,

	I just upgraded our MogileFS cluster to 2.16 and it's working
fabulously - the rebalancing feature is a real lifesaver.

	however, early on we had a batch of bad drives in one of our
servers and as such have a bunch of dead devices hanging around that
make 'mogadm check' rather unsightly and hard to read.

	is there a way to get rid of those dead devices? I've seen
references in the documentation to 'mogadm device delete host ##' but
running that just gives "Help for 'device' command" as output.

	is it no longer possible to delete devices, or is there another
way?

cheers,

- Jared

--