upgrade mogilefs from 1.0 to recent release

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:06:45 UTC 2008

> Is it possible to upgrade just tracker to version 2.x and storage nodes will
> stay the same?

The storage nodes don't change.  The tracker is the versioned part.
Granted, there are some changes to the 2.0 mogstored storage daemon,
but none that are required AFAIK...

> Is it possible for 1 storage node to work with two trackers: one version 1.x
> and another 2.x?

I -think- it's possible, yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.  v2
requires some database changes that may not be best to make while
you're still using some v1 trackers?

As it stands, v2 has been in use for quite some time, and in
production on many sites.  I'm pretty confident in recommending you
upgrade.  Of course, I also suggest you have a backup of your
database, but that's just a good idea anyway regardless of what
version of MogileFS you run!

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com