mogstored dying: redux

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:27:00 UTC 2008

> Hi all, I very much appreciate the patient help and advice, but I'm still
> having trouble getting even small files stored in my mogile setup.

Given the error message you've pasted (403?) this seems like a
configuration/setup problem.  Are you sure that your MogileFS setup is
even working at all, even without touching mogtool?  Well, it's easy
to figure out if it is or not.  Here, this little script:

---
use MogileFS::Client;

$MogileFS::DEBUG = 1;

my $mogc = MogileFS::Client->new(
    domain => "foo.com::my_namespace",
    hosts  => ['10.0.0.2:1234'],
);

my $fh = $mogc->new_file("some_key", "some_class");

print $fh "test";

unless ($fh->close) {
    die "Error writing file: " . $mogc->errcode . ": " . $mogc->errstr . "\n";
}

sleep 5;
my @urls = $mogc->get_paths($key);
print "path: $_\n" foreach @urls;

$mogc->delete("some_key");
---

Take that, put it on a machine that has the MogileFS client libraries,
and change the values it's using to connect to the server to point at
your tracker.  Then put in a valid class instead of "some_class" and
give it a shot.  Does it work?  Do you get paths printed?  (I haven't
tested this script, so you might need to kick it a little if there are
any syntax errors and the like.  Just kinda tossed it together.)

If the process fails, can you copy the output of it and paste on the
mailing list here?  There should be a lot of text for all of the work
that the library is doing that will tell you what's going on.  Or
anyway, will tell us what's going on, I don't expect most of it to
make sense unless you know the internals of MogileFS.  :)

Thanks!

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com