good http cache to use in combination with perlbal

Mark Smith smitty at
Thu Apr 3 18:40:50 UTC 2008

>  Anybody had any luck with high traffic and a caching reverse proxy
>  combined with perlbal. is varnish up to much - is there anything else
>  people have tried and found to work/fail under > 1000 concurrent
>  connections ?

I know we used squid at Six Apart and I never had any complaints.  I
guess it depends on exactly your use case, though.  We didn't use any
cache like that on LiveJournal and we pushed tons of
traffic/pageviews.  (But all dynamic of course, so the kind of cache
squid provides wouldn't really do much...)

Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at