Yet another sticky/persistent sessions question

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:47:20 UTC 2008

I'm looking at the perlbal webpage (http://www.danga.com/perlbal/) and I
see that it lists "Persistent client connections (configurable)" as one
of its capabilities as a reverse proxy.  I'm still slightly confused
because I've not found anything online that provides definitive
confirmation that Perlbal can handle persistent sessions.  Or, am
misinterpreting this and incorrectly calling "persistent client
connections" sticky sessions.

We're looking to update our load balancing configuration and if we are
able to get the one function from Perlbal we will be able to seriously
consider its use.  Otherwise we'll have to go a different route.

Thanks for the help,
Mathew