Running multiple perlbal instances

Adam Jacob adam at hjksolutions.com
Thu Jan 31 23:34:12 UTC 2008

On 1/29/08, Russ Garrett <russ at last.fm> wrote:
> [CCd to the list because I think it would be interesting for other people]
>
> Our LVS boxes are separate pristine machines which don't do anything
> other than LVS (they balance quite a lot of other stuff), then we have 3
> machines dedicated to perlbal.
>
> For various reasons it's inadvisable to run target servers on the same
> box as LVS - since LVS is a thin layer at kernel level you end up with
> lots of issues - it is well worth having separate machines if you're
> using LVS.

Wanted to second this last bit re: LVS.  We got a totally terrifying
HA LVS/Keepalived setup working with the real servers running on the
same hosts, and it worked, most of the time, except when it didn't. :)

Adam

--
HJK Solutions - We Launch Startups - http://www.hjksolutions.com
Adam Jacob, Senior Partner