The world's first YADIS URLs?

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Tue Dec 6 03:58:38 UTC 2005

Unless somebody tells me they were first and I just haven't heard
about it yet, I'd like to announce the world's first YADIS URLs.

In fact, as of today, all of the URLs hosted by mylid.net are YADIS-
enabled, such as

     http://mylid.net/jernst

Now, I realize that there isn't an officially blessed YADIS spec yet,
and it is better practice to only point to official standards,
instead of to things hashed out on a whiteboard in the meeting last
Thursday. But I couldn't resist ... ;-)

So far, all the implementation does is make available the
capabilities document using the X-YADIS-Location HTTP header. It
lists the capabilities supported there -- seven at last count
(MinimumLID, LID SSO, LID Post Receiver Profile, Format Negotiation,
Traversal, LID Post Sender and Relying Party), which are the same
seven LID profiles currently implemented there.

But in conjunction with the next message -- developer tools -- it may
help getting the YADIS protocol bootstrapped because there is a real
live example now to point to. It also helps us to look at each
other's stuff so we can make these things interoperable, which is
what we all want.

Code available from http://netmesh.org/downloads/  in PHP, Perl and
Java (same functionality)
Sign-up at mylid.net for hosted model.