OpenID in PHP

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Fri Jul 1 14:08:26 PDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 8:53 AM, meepbear * wrote:

> If you plan to use it as a cheat sheet to compare things to your
> implementation rather than a literal copy/paste of functions, don't
> worry about the license too much :).

Wordpress and Textpattern both are licensed under the GPL; suffice it
to say that I am a bit worried about this code being under a license
which is neither GPL-compatible, nor OSI-approved.

 From openid.net: "My goal is to release every part of this under the
most liberal licenses possible, so there's no money or licensing or
registering required to play."

If the goal is to truly allow OpenID to be used in as many programs
as possible, then I would recommend that OpenID libraries either be
placed in the public domain, or be put under a permissive license
like the modified BSD license.

http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

OpenID won't do anyone any good if we just get entangled in licensing
debacles.

-Kurt