POST instead of GET for associate mode?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat Jun 11 11:38:05 PDT 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Paul Crowley wrote:

> I've made a few other changes to the spec (fixing a wrong name, noting
> the gaps).  The most substantive is that I've had second thoughts about
> what the reply to a "dumb consumer" should be: I want to use key:value
> pairs for this reply, so it's extensible.

That's fine.

But if it's key:value with no space, can you update the examples that show
spaces after the colons?

idserver --> consumer: (newline-terminated key:value pairs)

    * assoc_type: 'HMAC-SHA1'
    * assoc_handle: handle
    * issued: UTC date on server
    * replace_after: recommended replacement UTC date
    * expiry: expiry UTC date
    * mac_key: base64(secret(assoc_type, handle))

Perhaps make the keys bold if you want to set them apart.

- Brad