PHP producer/consumer libraries?

meepbear * meepbear at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:47:57 PDT 2005

>My apologies if this has already been addressed, but do you by any
>chance have a PHP library ready for release?

I've been waiting on a HMAC/DH consumer and server (that wasn't written by
me) to test against to make sure I got everything right. With the
Livejournal announcement yesterday I'd guess I can do that sometime in the
next few days.

After that, the code will probably need some cleaning up if it's going to be
used by anyone but me since I never really wrote it with a public release in
mind. :)
It's also written in PHP 5 right now and uses an interface for the callbacks
whenever it needs something (fetching/storing handles in the database,
authenticating users, etc) so that part would need a complete rewrite to
work with PHP 4.

I gave up looking for a bigint class for PHP since as far as I can tell,
noone ever wrote one and just started my own. I can add, substract,
multiply, divide and divide with remainder and I think I figured out a way
to do powmod using those so hopefully (fingers crosssed) it will result in
being able to do DH without any extension dependency (which should make
Nathan happy :) ).
It still needs a random number and pseudo-prime generator though and a
thorough test.

Depending on how Google's summer of code turns out it will be finished some
time next week if I don't get accepted, or otherwise I can just hand what I
have off to the other student since he or she will be working on Wordpress
support which will require a PHP implementation in any case.

If you had anything in mind on how you imagined interacting with the classes
that would be very helpful too.