PHP producer/consumer libraries?

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Mon Jun 27 16:03:00 PDT 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 10:47 PM, meepbear * wrote:

> After that, the code will probably need some cleaning up if it's
> going to be used by anyone but me since I never really wrote it
> with a public release in mind. :)
> It's also written in PHP 5 right now and uses an interface for the
> callbacks whenever it needs something (fetching/storing handles in
> the database, authenticating users, etc) so that part would need a
> complete rewrite to work with PHP 4.

How much work will the rewrite for PHP 4 be?

> I gave up looking for a bigint class for PHP since as far as I can
> tell, noone ever wrote one and just started my own. I can add,
> substract, multiply, divide and divide with remainder and I think I
> figured out a way to do powmod using those so hopefully (fingers
> crosssed) it will result in being able to do DH without any
> extension dependency (which should make Nathan happy :) ).
> It still needs a random number and pseudo-prime generator though
> and a thorough test.

Sounds good to me--most hosts have either bcmath or gmp, but not all,
so that helps.

> Depending on how Google's summer of code turns out it will be
> finished some time next week if I don't get accepted, or otherwise
> I can just hand what I have off to the other student since he or
> she will be working on Wordpress support which will require a PHP
> implementation in any case.
>
> If you had anything in mind on how you imagined interacting with
> the classes that would be very helpful too.

Nothing in particular--if it'll work for Wordpress, then it will work
for me.  I'll be working on OpenID support for Textpattern, another
open-source PHP CMS/weblogging tool.

-Kurt