Comment tracking

Christopher Whipple chris at sixapart.com
Thu May 19 11:39:59 PDT 2005

Hey all,

Had an idea this morning for builing comment tracking features into
publishing platforms piggybacking on OpenID functionality.  Here's how it'd
work:

I use my blog url to authenticate - the someblog.com server checks my blog
and pings my OpenID server.  I'm authenticated and leave my comment.  The
someblog.com server then checks my blog again to find a url where my blog
accepts incoming pings, sends a ping saying "you just left a comment here,
here's the comment's permalink and here's some info about the blog where you
left the comment".  My blogging tool then takes care of tracking/displaying
that information.

Thoughts?

-chris.