OpenID Identity

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sun May 22 13:36:36 PDT 2005

Uh, you have to go register inames?

   "The cost of registering an i-name for this 50 year period is $25.00 USD."

Right.

That'll catch on.

Let's all go personal crypto certs from Verisign while we're at it and
teach everybody PGP.

Sorry, it's a great idea for geeks like us that understand, but the masses
won't get it.  Especially with an intro like this:

   "2idi is an identity services provider with a difference, as our
    mission is to provide you with total control over your
    identity-related transactions. As the first Dataweb Service
    Provider (DSP), 2idi is implementing OASIS XRI and XDI technology
    that lets you....."

As a regular user, I'd say you lost them at "2idi".  If they made it
over that, you lost them at "OASIS XRI and XDI".

- Brad