Another similar system

loune lpgcritter at nasquan.com
Sun May 22 16:53:36 PDT 2005

Hi List,

I've seen many similar systems mentioned on the list and I'm quite
surprised at the number of different systems at varying degrees of
development. Maybe it is inevitable that there will be competing systems
like the situation with RSS/RDF/Atom.

Anywho, I have also drafted up a system similar to OpenID, called Dash.
Details are here: http://dev.nasquan.com/dash/

For the lazy, here are the main differences:
- Instead of web addresses for ID, it uses a Dash ID, format similar to
email addresses.
- System doesn't require cryptographic signage since it relies mostly on
server-to-server communications

Maybe you guys can find something useful.

cheers,

-l