Implementing YADIS with no new software

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Tue Nov 1 06:20:05 PST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Why require two network interactions to simply find a server?
>
> Why not simply put a single link tag in for each server that you
> support?

I think I suggested this before:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2005-October/001538.html

and that again led back to RDF in the name of decoupling from HTML.

I really would prefer a solution like what you or I have described
which could be included inline in an HTML document--I really do not
see why we need a separate document and another bandwidth hit just to
find an identity server.  It really over-complicates things in my mind.

Perhaps there should be a separate variant of the protocol for non-
HTML documents?  The <link ...> and such would make for such an
elegant solution in HTML documents.

-Kurt