OpenID Testing Tools

Kevin Turner kevin at janrain.com
Sat Feb 11 01:32:22 UTC 2006

Dear fellow OpenID Users and Developers,

We've put up a few testing tools at OpenID Enabled to help you make sure
that your OpenID software is in working order.  If you're a user who's
just got a new OpenID, or just set up a new page to delegate to your
OpenID server, and you want to know if it's online and working, you can
use OpenID Checkup[1].  If you're looking for a more rigorous test of
how well your OpenID server variety of operations, try our OpenID Server
Diagnostic[2].

Hopefully you'll all get green bars and success messages as a result.
But if by some chance you don't, and the error message doesn't give you
enough information to figure out quite what's gone wrong, let me know.
Even with a protocol as simple as OpenID there are lots of places where
things *could* break, and I haven't written error reporters for all the
cases yet.  But I do want this to help you get your applications online
and bug-free with a minimum of frustration, so I can add more detail if
you tell me where it would be most helpful.

You can find these tools, and any others we come up with, linked from
http://www.openidenabled.com/openid/openid-tools/

Later this month I hope to add an OpenID Consumer tester to that list,
so stay tuned.

 - Kevin,
   OpenID Enabled

1: http://www.openidenabled.com/resources/openid-test/checkup/