Yadis conformance

Jonathan Daugherty cygnus at janrain.com
Wed May 31 21:58:11 UTC 2006

# It may be my reading of the spec, but I didn't see any guidelines on
# what steps to take to detect that what the relying party was given
# wasn't an absolute URL and to turn it in to a URL. If we can come to
# an agreement on that (and it may just be someone pointing me to the
# right place in the URL RFC), I'll happily code that up.

I know there was a big long thread about this a while back, but since
this is on the web, I think it's reasonable to assume "http://" and
":80" and just leave it at that *for this purpose*.  I don't think
what the yadis spec says [or doesn't say] about identifier equality
has any bearing on how the conformance test decides to connect to a
given URL.  After all, this is just a protocol tester.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  JanRain, Inc.