Yadis conformance

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Wed May 31 22:51:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:58:11 -0700, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> I know there was a big long thread about this a while back, but since
> this is on the web, I think it's reasonable to assume "http://" and
> ":80" and just leave it at that *for this purpose*.

In implementing a general case client I'm all for this. I'm reluctant to
push this for the conformance tester because it is a conformance tester,
so I'd rather that end up in the spec first, but I guess to get it in the
spec we have to nail it down. So, I see three options:

1. If the string doesn't start with http:// or https://, then prepend
http://

2. If the string doesn't match match the regular expression "^\w+\:\/\/",
prepend http://

3. If the string matches the regular expression
"^[a-z0-9\-]+(\.[a-z0-9\-]+)+"), prepend http://

I think #1 is fine. If so, then we need to revise 6.1.1.

Yeah, I'm being anal-retentive, and I'm sorry for that, but I want to make
sure that the documentation matches the running code. I've implemented way
too many specs that were defined by running code.

Dan