Brackup way faster with SQLite "synchronous = OFF"

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at bugzilla.org
Mon Oct 8 07:56:41 UTC 2007

	This probably isn't the "safest" way to backup, but for initial
backups, I've discovered that brackup is WAY faster (A 7x improvement
on my machine) with these three lines in Brackup::Dict::SQLite right
before "return $self". I suspect the real speed gain is from
"synchronous = OFF":

    $dbh->do("PRAGMA locking_mode = EXCLUSIVE");
    $dbh->do("PRAGMA read_uncommitted = 1");
    $dbh->do("PRAGMA synchronous = OFF");

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.