Garbage Collection and Encrypted Backups

Alessandro Ranellucci aar at cpan.org
Fri Jun 20 12:11:36 UTC 2008

On 18-06-2008 at 17:41, Gary Richardson wrote:

 >I'm assuming this is because the .brackup file is encrypted.
 >Do I need to run gc after a prune, or does prune delete any orphaned
 >files?

Prune/gc don't work with encrypted backups.

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/brackup/2008-January/000089.html

I volunteered to work on that issue but it required too much refactoring
and working by submitting single patches was not feasible. There was no
interest/feedback by the maintainers, though.

Since brackup didn't appear as a maintained package I switched to
http://www.jungledisk.com/ and I'm happy with that.

a.