GC with brackup-target and GPG

Ryan Schlesinger ryan at ryanandmorgan.net
Thu Oct 16 19:42:06 UTC 2008

Ben,

I ran into this problem as well.  It's quite simple to fix actually.  I
copied the decryption subs from Restore.pm to Target.pm and called
decrypt_file_if_needed before the line:
my $parser = Brackup::Metafile->open($tempfile).

I modified decrypt_file_if_needed to return the name of the tempfile in
use and I return the $new_file if decryption is needed.  I also added a
call to unlink to clean up after the tempfile (or both if we decrypted)
and I added some verbosity so I can be sure that it works.  I'm not
posting a patch since it's not a real solution as the code should live
in one place instead of two (I don't have time to do a real patch right
now).

Let me know if you have any issues or want a patch to your email address.

Ryan