GC with brackup-target and GPG

Joshua Kwan joshk at triplehelix.org
Thu Oct 16 19:48:01 UTC 2008

I would be highly interested in a patch and I think you should just post
it to the list so it is immortalized.


On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:42:06PM -0700, Ryan Schlesinger wrote:
> Ben,
> I ran into this problem as well.  It's quite simple to fix actually.  I 
> copied the decryption subs from Restore.pm to Target.pm and called 
> decrypt_file_if_needed before the line:
> my $parser = Brackup::Metafile->open($tempfile).
> I modified decrypt_file_if_needed to return the name of the tempfile in 
> use and I return the $new_file if decryption is needed.  I also added a 
> call to unlink to clean up after the tempfile (or both if we decrypted) 
> and I added some verbosity so I can be sure that it works.  I'm not 
> posting a patch since it's not a real solution as the code should live 
> in one place instead of two (I don't have time to do a real patch right 
> now).
> Let me know if you have any issues or want a patch to your email address.
> Ryan

Joshua Kwan

More information about the brackup mailing list