Brackup::Target::Amazon questions

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Thu Jan 7 12:49:20 UTC 2010

Brackup::Target::Amazon is weird. It doesn't store any of the config items
in the brackup metafile header like the other targets do - I'm not sure if
this is by design or just an oversight? I'd have thought it makes sense to
store all of aws_access_key_id, aws_prefix, aws_location, and backup_prefix
in the metafile i.e. everything except the aws_secret_access_key. Are there
security reasons to omit any of these other things from the metafile? Any
thoughts?

It also doesn't reference aws_location or brackup_prefix in
new_from_backup_header, so I can't see how it's possible to do do a restore
if you've set either of those. Anyone done an Amazon restore with EU buckets,
or an explicit brackup_prefix?

Cheers,
Gavin