How tested is djabberd?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Jul 3 12:12:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Karjala wrote:

> Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > If you really wanted djabberd as a hackable platform, you'd be hacking on
> > it now, solving these problems.
> >

> I think I might not that good of a hacker to solve these problems.
>
> So... what needs to be done for the py- transports to work on DJabberd?

I'd probably make:

lib/DJabberd/Connection/ComponentIn.pm

And make it subclass DJabberd::Connection, which does all the XML foo for
you.

Then you'll just need to override all the right parts, doing whatever it
is that components do.... but I have no clue.  From the specs it looks
simple (in that they're small), but I have no clue.  Mart?

- Brad