The new bot code

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Fri Jul 7 17:46:40 UTC 2006

Let's play a game:

We implement our pragmatic approach,
You/we together implement your theoretical approach,

See which is actually used.  :)

I happen to know that Jabber clients (and often users) don't always work.
"Service Discovery"?  You just lost most users.

brad:  Hi.  Who are you?  I didn't friend you.
frankthegoat at livejournal.com:  Hi.  I'm the LJ Robotic Goat, Frank, here to help you.
brad:  What's up?
frankthegoat at livejournal.com:  I don't understand.  Type "help" for help.
brad:  I need help.
frankthegoat at livejournal.com:
brad:
 post to lj_dev:  OMG this is my post to lj_dev from Jabber

etc, etc.

And we also let people friend it rom gmail/etc, then let you prove two
JIDs are equal.....