How tested is djabberd?

Karjala karjala_lists at karjala.org
Wed Jun 28 03:41:40 UTC 2006

Interesting.

Are there instructions anywhere? Like how to set it up and run it, how
to subclass (which classes to subclass, which functions to replace and
what each function parameter means/contains, etc)?

Do you plan to make some?

If you could provide two/three lines on how to set it up and get a
standard jabber server running, I would be grateful (I plan to replace
my current jabber server as soon as possible).

E.g. should I install djabberd first as a perl module? (perl
Makefile.pl; make; make test; make install ?) And then run some
executable with some parameters? Will this process install executables
in directories that I might not want it to? If so, which ones and where?

The rest (how to subclass) I'll try to figure myself (if there's no
documentation)

Thanks.

- Alex

P.S. The above information could be included in your website (I think)
(would allow people to try it)

Thanks