Trying to get MUC Working

Gavin Mogan halkeye at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:17:56 UTC 2007

I've tried doing mu-conference external component with:
  <Subdomain muc>
      <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local />
      <Plugin DJabberd::Component::External>
          ListenPort 5290
          Secret     password
      </Plugin>
  </Subdomain>
in my config file

As well as the DJabberd plugin/component:
<Plugin DJabberd::Component::MUC />
<Plugin DJabberd::Plugin::MUC>
   Subdomain muc
</Plugin>

Neither seem to show up properly in any jabber client's browse interface..
Even when i try to explicitly say use "muc.domain.com" some clients end up
just crashing, others say the service is unresponsive.

I can't seem to see any logging from Component::External.. Should there be
any?

Any tips?

Thanks,
Gavin