Trying to get MUC Working

Gavin Mogan halkeye at halkeye.net
Sun Apr 15 05:15:47 UTC 2007

So apparently the MUC plugin works pretty well. I still was unable to get
the external component to work.

I have noticed that with the 4 or 5 main windows clients, half support the
disco service discovery properly (i have a MUC patch to make things work
better), the other half uses the depreciated iq:browse and iq:agents.

Before i go trying to submit large patch for changes I think might be
necessary, is there any suggestions on how his feature can be implemented.
Is there a good document on how hooks are done? Could I use them so plugins
can optionally register information for iq:browse or iq:agents?

(ps, is it the lists fault or gmail that it doesn't want to reply to the
list by default sorry mart).
Thanks,
Gavin