DJabberd and Jingle

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Aug 7 21:57:15 UTC 2007

Clive Holloway wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to DJabberd, having fun browsing through all the modules.
>
> One question I've been scratching my head over though is:
>
> - What's needed to get DJabberd working with Jingle?
>
> I have yet to find any articles discussing this, so i wondered if I
> was searching on a moot point (it only affects clients?!?),

It only affects clients.

Well, almost only. A server can offer a few helper functions, such as
enabling a client to find a STUN server (used for NAT traversal) and
potentially also binding an IP/port combination at a relay server on the
client's behalf. But generally it's a client thing.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/