DJabberd Integration with AIM and MSN

Erik Osterman e at osterman.com
Tue Aug 14 18:54:20 UTC 2007

I am curious if anyone has successfully integrated DJabberd with these
external networks. I have found no information other than "it should be
possible" and that many of AOL's public gateways are blocked.

We've setup DJabberd on our corporate network, written a few plugins for
authorization and delivery, but now we need to allow outside vendors to
message our employees. How should we approach this?

For example, on Debian, there are all these packages for the Jabber.org
server...

jabber - An instant messaging server using the Jabber/XMPP protocol
jabber-aim - Provides AIM messenger transport for Jabber IM server
jabber-irc - IRC transport for jabber
jabber-jit - Jabber ICQ Transport
jabber-jud - Provides User Directory support for the Jabber IM server
jabber-msn - Provides the MSN transport for the Jabber IM server
jabber-yahoo - Provides Yahoo messenger transport for Jabber IM server

Anyone take a stab at implementing transports for these networks on
DJabberd?

Best,

Erik Osterman