Problem in receiving chat and User status is not authorized

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:03:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Dec 11, 2007 12:12 AM, Edward Rudd <erudd at netfor.com> wrote:

> Rajesh Dharmalingam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for the updates. Yes. I added the others presence. The following
> > are the detailed steps that am doing from client (Windows /Linux
> pidgin):
> >
> [snip]
>
> > Adding the user as buddy:
> >    By "Add Buddy", i am adding the other user. After selecting the
> > proper account, i am giving the screen name as the user whom we want to
> > add (he is online as well). I discarded the alias and group.
>
> By Discarded the alias and group, do you mean you left them empty?? You
> may need to set the group name to something.

Yes. I left group as default "Buddy". I tried with the alias same as i
provided while creating an account for the user but the same behavior.

> > Once I added the other user as buddy, i see his status as offline
> > (though he is online). When I try to send a message to other user, the
> > message is sent but the receiver is not getting the message. I confirmed
> > the message sent reaches server.
>
> That means the subscriptiong didn't work right.  Can you provide a dump
> of your roster database?
>  sqlite3 roster.sqlite .dump

This is the output:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE jidmap (
                                 jidid INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT NOT
NULL,
                                 jid   VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
                                 UNIQUE (jid)
                                 );
INSERT INTO "jidmap" VALUES(1,'rajesh at abc.com');
INSERT INTO "jidmap" VALUES(2,'a');
INSERT INTO "jidmap" VALUES(3,'test');
INSERT INTO "jidmap" VALUES(4,'a at abc.com');
INSERT INTO "jidmap" VALUES(5,'rajesh');
DELETE FROM sqlite_sequence;
INSERT INTO "sqlite_sequence" VALUES('jidmap',5);
CREATE TABLE roster (
                                 userid        INTEGER REFERENCES jidmap NOT
NULL,
                                 contactid     INTEGER REFERENCES jidmap NOT
NULL,
                                 name          VARCHAR(255),
                                 subscription  INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES
substates DEFAULT 0,
                                 PRIMARY KEY (userid, contactid)
                                 );
CREATE TABLE rostergroup (
                                      groupid       INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT
NULL,
                                      userid        INTEGER REFERENCES
jidmap NOT NULL,
                                      name          VARCHAR(255),
                                      UNIQUE (userid, name)
                                      );
INSERT INTO "rostergroup" VALUES(1,1,'Buddies');
INSERT INTO "rostergroup" VALUES(2,4,'Buddies');
CREATE TABLE groupitem (
                                    groupid       INTEGER REFERENCES jidmap
NOT NULL,
                                    contactid     INTEGER REFERENCES jidmap
NOT NULL,
                                    PRIMARY KEY (groupid, contactid)
                                    );
COMMIT;

--
Regards,
-Rajesh

"Stick to our roots and not to forget where we come from"