Queue messages for offline users

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat Jan 27 20:38:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Adrian Ulrich wrote:

> Yes. I'm building a prototype-jabber service for an ISP.
> So far djabberd works fine (I've added ldap-auth, persistent roster
> storage) but there are still 2 showstoppers:
>
>  - The service is IMO useless without offline messages

LiveJournal has plans to do offline messaging soon, so I should be looking
into the problem of where to hook in shortly.  Seems like just another
delivery plugin at the end of the chain?

>  - It has problems to talk with some other servers
>    (eg: ccc.jabber.de or swissjabber.ch .. anyone noticed?)

No.  That's bad.  Do you know what servers they run?  I'm on the
xmpp-interop mailing list and could get help resolving it, if you have
details of the server conversations that don't work.

- Brad