remote chatroom joining

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 22:01:40 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> I mean that conference.jabber.org doesn't accept s2s connections. Now
> they are hosted at the same IP address so it doesn't really make any
> difference I suppose. Perhaps this is indeed an implementation detail.
> I'll have to think about the DNS SRV implications, but in general we do
> not recommend that you create a DNS SRV entry for services, only for the
> root domain.

Assuming for the moment that conference.jabber.org was on a different IP
address than jabber.org, what would you expect to have running on that
IP address in order that users of services other than jabber.org would
be able to connect to it?

I would expect to find an S2S endpoint on conference.jabber.org as well
as on jabber.org. How else would other servers connect to it?