Releasing 0.84

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 1 05:18:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:10:39 -0700, "Brad Fitzpatrick" <brad at danga.com> said:
> Ran "shipit" and released to CPAN and here:
>
> http://danga.com/dist/djabberd/DJabberd-0.84_01.tar.gz
>
> Please test and submit any local patches.  Once a few people say they're
> using it unmodified in production for a week or so, we'll bless a non-dev
> release and ship it to CPAN.

Heh.  I'm already applying a patch over the top for that Miranda issue.  It
appears that Miranda has already fixed the bug in trunk, but they haven't
backported the patch to the stable series, so I guess we'll see it fixed
when version 0.8 goes gold.

On the other hand, we're not really production yet, since there only FM
programmers plus a couple of my family members using it.

Anyway, I'm planning to install a pile more clients and test them all out
in little vmware containers next week, so I'll post feedback on that as
well.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana