not-authorized error during dialback authentication with gmail.com

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sun Feb 1 01:33:16 UTC 2009

Let's suppose this patch is committed.  Yes, it then works with Google.  And
then which server do we break as a result?
We need a patch which somebody has tried with many servers and if necessary
auto-detects when that hack is required vs. when it's not.  Or let's check
it in guarded, off by default, but with a config opt/flag to enable it.
 Then when people report bugs in the future with the new behavior we can say
"but does it work with FooOpt enabled?".  And then we'll have data on a
server that's required to do that for and eventually end up with a good
solution.

But I'm not a fan of all these patch proposals like "well deleting this
works for me" because that's not a comprehensive solution.

Can somebody research this more?