Any progress on gmail.com dialback issue?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Mar 27 01:40:27 UTC 2009

On 3/26/09 6:31 PM, Martin Atkins wrote:
> Philip Gladstone wrote:
>> I notice that there was a flurry of activity on the gmail.com dialback
>> issue some time ago, but it never seemed to get resolved. Is anyone
>> still looking at the problem, or does someone have the ideal solution?
>>

> Having reviewed that discussion, it looks like DJabberd is in the wrong
> here, but I'd like to see some clear reasoning for why djabberd is wrong
> (based on what the spec says), what it should be doing instead, and what
> is broken (if anything) by the change.
>
> As far as I can tell from the previous discussion, we aren't really sure
> what implementation that hack was added for.

What is the hack in question?

Also, please note that there were generalized issues with s2s to Google
Talk a while back, caused by some modifications on the Google side. Most
or all of those have been fixed by Google. Are there still problems
between djabberd installations and Google Talk?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/