Working with timeouts

Sam Tregar sam at tregar.com
Tue Nov 27 21:21:59 UTC 2007

Greatings Gearsmen.  I'm new to Gearman, working on a setting up a
distributed network for some unreliable processing jobs.  I'm having some
problems dealing with timeouts.  First off, client-side (Gearman::Client)
timeouts don't seem to work at all.  They're fully documented but not
implemented!  Second, server-side timeouts do seem to work, but they don't
trigger on_fail.  Instead, when a timeout occurs the client gets back an
undef result (well, \undef to be exact).

Both of these seem like bugs to me.  What do you think?

-sam