Benchmark?

Anatoly Vorobey mellon@pobox.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:30:34 +0000

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 08:13:45PM -0700, Frank Precissi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a standardized benchmark/test harness available for memcache? With
> all of the different libevent options (select,kqueue,poll,etc) and different
> programming/os platforms, I was curious if there was a testing standard
> developed (insert 500 items, pull a timed random 20 items).

Not yet, but there should be one; moreover, it should measure not just
saves and single-item pulls (like Brion's little test does), but also
multiple-item pulls with different amounts of items per request. It
seems we'll run into some trade-offs in this area anyway, so we might as
well collect more info about it.

--
avva
sorely in need of