Benchmark?

Frank Precissi corvus@vadept.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:13:45 -0700

Hi everyone,

Is there a standardized benchmark/test harness available for memcache? With
all of the different libevent options (select,kqueue,poll,etc) and different
programming/os platforms, I was curious if there was a testing standard
developed (insert 500 items, pull a timed random 20 items).  We could publish
benchmark results based upon libevent/os/language so admin's who use memcache
have some sort of reference point to determine if they compiled it correctly
or if they are using the slowest libevent for their specific OS.

Just a thought.. :)

Frank
--
A man's gotta know his limitations.