memcached-1.1.9-snapshot

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a pre-release of 1.1.9.  It's a pre-release because LiveJournal
hasn't put it into production yet, and we might make a few things faster
yet (packet coalescing), but with TCP_NODELAY on, it's much faster.

Changes from 1.1.8:

* TCP_NODELAY for better performance (avva)
* support multiple levels of verbosity and make it not
  close stderr when in daemon mode if you're using verbose (evan, brad)
* portability fixes to build on OS X / BSDs (evan)

Download and enjoy:

  http://www.danga.com/memcached/dist/snapshots/memcached-snapshot.tar.gz

The version number from the "stats" or "version" command is
1.1.9-snapshot, which means "not yet 1.1.9", not "1.1.9 and then some",
which I believe is the proper naming convention?  If not, I can change it
in future snapshots.

Please post experiences, good or bad.  Thanks!

- Brad