we are using memcached for

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

Cool!

What libevent version and mode you using?  No weird delay problems like
most other people?

LiveJournal has a bunch of random tools to query the memcached stats (we
have 13 machines running, with 41 GB of memory) but nothing we can use
with Cricket or rrdtool.  Just live stats... and if you reload the stats
page, we memcache the stats you just saw, so we can show hit rate from the
last time you reloaded.  That's in CVS, if anybody wants it:

http://cvs.livejournal.org/browse.cgi/livejournal/htdocs/admin/memcache.bml

It uses the LJ wrapper API around MemCachedClient, though, so you'd have
to modify it a bit.

- Brad