Build trouble on Solaris 9

Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
Tue Aug 31 13:24:08 PDT 2004

1) I haven't figured out how to make the configure script find libevent
properly.  I did make and install it.

2) When I make memcached, there seem to be a number of libraries it needs.

gcc -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -I/include -L/lib -o memcached  memcached.o slabs.o
items.o assoc.o  -levent
bind                                memcached.o
socketpair                          /usr/local/lib/libevent.a(signal.o)
accept                              memcached.o
daemon                              memcached.o
listen                              memcached.o
socket                              memcached.o
mallinfo                            memcached.o
setsockopt                          memcached.o
inet_aton                           memcached.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to memcached
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `memcached'

I can force it to use -lmalloc and -lsocket, but there are still daemon and
inet_aton that it can't find.

I suspect there are options I need on the configure script for it to get
configured correctly.

--- Rick Ingham, Expeditors Int'l / IS
---- RICK.INGHAM at EXPEDITORS.COM  (206) 674-3400 x3284   FAX  246-3197