falling behind...

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Dec 8 12:31:32 PST 2004

If you've sent me patches, this is to let you know I haven't forgotten
them.  My inbox is at an all-time high and I just haven't gone on a
cleaning spree in a while.....

Expect a patch flood Real Soon Now.

(Of course, Earths's magnetic poles are expected to flip Real Soon Now too
according to scientists, which means within the next 100,000 years or
something....)

Things on the horizon:

-- the touch/refresh command people want

-- stats fixes for Perl client

-- 64 bit problems w/ stats commands on the server.  (I finally have
   plenty of 64 bit machines in all flavors to test on...)

-- trackers for better reliability during flapping, and growing/shrinking
   memcached farm at run-time

-- binary protocol for soothing Sean's performance cravings (and easing
   the job of C client authors...)

My apologies for slacking.  Not so good with the Release Early, Release
Often lately.

- Brad