Cache::Memcached cachedump

Anatoly Vorobey mellon@pobox.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:00:33 +0300

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:32:44AM +0200, Joachim Bauernberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen the cachedump stats command in the perldoc but somehow it won't
> work. Is this working with anyone else?
>
> [misc][jmbdev]$ netcat 10.0.33.121 11211
> stats cachedump
> CLIENT_ERROR bad command line

e.g. "stats cachedump 6 50"

means a request to print the first 50 items (meaning, the 50 items most
recently accessed) from the LRU queue number 6 (meaning, the queue for
items which take up between 2^5 and 2^6 bytes).

If you omit the second number, the command will print all items that'll
fit in the print buffer of size 2Mb.

Note that everything about this command is nonstandard and subject to
change. In particular, I've been working on moving memcached to a
different memory allocation model, the "bulldozer" model, in which there
won't be separate queues for different item sizes, and consequently, if
we adopt it, the syntax of this command will change.

--
avva
"There's nothing simply good, nor ill alone" -- John Donne